How to find calm during
When it comes to the holidays (or let’s be honest, any time of the year) self care is often one of the last things on your list of priorities because you’re probably the one who’s always trying to make sure everything is running as smoothly as possible. Between working, running errands, chauffeuring kids to activities, helping with homework, cooking meals, walking the dog, spending quality time with the family and everything else on your to-do list…self care tends to fall way at the bottom, waiting until you have the time…am I right?
We think you should move self care way up the list to ensure that you are always setting aside time to take care of yourself.
If you want to start that self care checklist now, here are 22 great ideas to try out.
And since you and I both know that sharing is caring, encourage your family and friends to take your cue and try some of these ideas as well.
22 Ideas for Self Care
- 1. Start your day with a meditation
2. Journal in the morning and set intentions for the day
3. Start a daily self care ritual like a quiet tea time
4. Do something only you enjoy
5. Spend time with your pet and embrace that unconditional love
6. Lie down for a few minutes or take a nap
7. Pamper yourself with self care products
8. Go for a walk and enjoy nature
9. Stretch your body or try gentle hatha yoga
10. Take a hot shower or dip your body into a goddess bath
11. Unplug and ease into the beauty of silence, mindfulness and introspection
12. Give yourself a massage
13. Spend some time in prayer
14. Recite some positive affirmations
15. Watch funny videos that make you laugh out loud…or laugh until you cry
16. Delight your senses and indulge in a fragrance experience
17. Turn up your favorite songs and get down!
18. Apply luxurious body butter or crystal-infused oil all over your body
19. Do something that feels creative and fun
20. Plan a self care day just for you
21. Journal in the evening and process the day
22. Light a candle and count your blessings
Remember, self care isn’t selfish, it’s vital. So make sure you’re practicing daily self care in ways that feel good for you. And if you tend to overlook it and put yourself last, try making a pact with a close family member or friend. This way you can support each other with loving reminders to take those self care time outs and you can share your favorite rituals, products and experiences.
Experiment with these practices or your own favorites every day and start making self care the first priority on your to-do list…because that’s exactly where it belongs.
Curate a self-care box with these favorites to help
you release and exhale.